Lava rises extremely fast and many large jumps hard to make appear throughout the level, thus the map troubles a massive amount of players. This map is also extremely hard because the explosion effects may throw the player off balance and there are two very hard platform-to-platform corner jumps within the first half of the map which gives 95% of the players certain death in the lava.
Dark Sci-Facility is essentially an explosion of a facility building, as demonstrated with gray padded walls for the first section and progresses to more of a hardware/technological texture. The layout of the map focuses mainly on complicated jumps and movements back and forth between buttons.
- Dark Sci-Forest and Dark Sci-Facility share a lot of similarities, in the sense that they both follow a sci-fi theme and have similar platforming mechanics.
- Dark Sci-Forest also uses a similar melody and rhythmic pattern to Dark Sci-Facility.
- Dark Sci-Facility was released in November 2017, shortly after the beta release of Flood Escape 2.
- Dark Sci-Facility and Dark Sci-Forest inspired many fan-made maps that follow a similar theme to that of the Dark-Sci levels. (E.g. Azure Sci-Facility, etc.)
- The test map ID for this map is 1297123096.
- The second part is known to be way easier than the first part, because of the less risky jumps and easier buttons.
- Unlike other maps, this map only has two rooms, unless you count the first starting "mini-room" and the rooms with buttons 2 and 3.
- This is another rhythm-based map like Lost Desert. Once you finish the first room, the hardware walls will cooperate to the beats of the music. This doesn't occur in low detail.
- This level is so popular because of how difficult the map is and its very unique walls at the second room. This is also the icon of Flood Escape 2 Pro Servers, due to being the hardest level in the game.
- If you use the Low Detail Mode, the screen-shakes will not occur. Anything that is related to a LocalEventScript is deleted in Low Detail.
- The hardware walls in the second room is a png (with transparency) texture. This proves that the main walls changes color and the circles and the lines are transparent, looking that the details of it changes color.
- This map could possibly be the continuation of Dark Sci-Forest, because the building at the end of Dark Sci-Forest can be compared with the beginning of Dark-Sci Facility.
Walkthrough and OST